The Department of Justice subpoenaed documentary filmmaker Alex Holder on Nov. 18, 2022, as part of an investigation related to the Jan. 6, attack on the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
Holder was filming that day at the Capitol for his documentary film “Unprecedented,” of then-President Donald Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign. In the subpoena, first obtained by Politico, federal prosecutors demanded that Holder testify before a grand jury or turn over all raw footage by the end of November. According to Politico, Holder received an extension and now has until Jan. 30, 2023, to comply with the order.
Holder’s spokesperson did not provide comment by publication, but told The Hill that the filmmaker would cooperate with the latest DOJ order.
“As we did with the other two subpoenas, we will 100 percent comply,” Holder’s spokesperson said.
Holder previously complied with a June 2022 subpoena from the House Committee investigating the Capitol attacks to produce footage from his documentary, including filmed interviews with Trump, his children and former Vice President Mike Pence. In July, Holder appeared before a special grand jury in Georgia after the Fulton District Attorney subpoenaed him for footage related to the documentary as part of an investigation into election fraud during the 2020 election.